Friday, August 14, 2015

3 Influential Female Celebs Promoting the Body Positive Image ...

More now than ever, society is stoked on the body positive movement. Thin is cool, curvy is good, thigh gaps are sexy, thick thighs are in, big booties are bodacious and small butts are beautiful, too. No more fat shaming or skinny shaming here! We’re all for empowering each other to live in utter confidence.

But … despite all of that, there’s still those haters hiding in the dark, posting negative comments on social media that leave the body positive world in an uproar, reacting with pictures, open letters and videos to shut them down.

Here are three badass babes that serve as today’s sexiest, coolest and most positive role models.

1. Ronda Rousey

ronda rousey

“I think it’s hilarious if people say that my body looks masculine, or something like that,” Rousey commented in ‘UFC 190 Embedded.’

“I think it’s femininely bad-ass as f–k because there’s not a single muscle on my body that isn’t for a purpose. Because, I’m not a do-nothing b–ch. It’s not very eloquently said, but it’s to the point. And, maybe that’s just what I am. I’m not that eloquent, but I’m to the point.”

2. Serena Williams

Serena Williams

“Most women athletes are pretty thin,” Williams said to Huffington Post.

“I didn’t really know how to deal with it. I had to come to terms — as every teen and young adult does — with loving myself. I had to find different role models. But my body type is in style now, so I’m loving it!”

3. Michelle Rodriguez

michelle rodriguez

“I have such a strong sense of self, there are certain lines I just won’t cross,” Rodriguez said to NJ.com.

“I’m really picky about the parts I choose. I can’t be the slut. I cannot be just the girlfriend. I can’t be the girl who gets empowered because she’s been raped. I can’t be the girl who gets empowered and then dies. So I just said to myself, ’look, you’re going to just have to create your own archetype, doesn’t matter if you go broke doing it.’ And I almost did go broke, twice! But people finally got it: OK, Michelle is not malleable, you’re not going to influence her by shining fame and money at her, and they stopped offering me that sort of stuff.”

What other influential women do you look up to for their positive outlooks?

Source: MTV

Do you follow us on Instagram?

snapchat code

@BodyRockTV

Source:

http://ift.tt/1DQ2qso



The Late News from http://ift.tt/1h4XLTY