Sunday, December 14, 2014

Mike Shaft Announces His Top Threes Of 2014 | MikeSHAFT.com




Posted by Shafty on 14th Dec 2014 in Featured, News, Radio



This weekend 13/14th of December 2014, BBC Radio Manchester presenter Mike Shaft made the on-air announcement of his Top 3 tracks on the Mike Shaft Soul Show and the Top 3 on the Gospel Hour.



Mike SHAFT - Netball


Gospel Tracks of 2014


The Top 3 Gospel tracks are an absolute joy. At number 3 it is Michelle Williams with Say yes. An absolute joy of a song which should have been a much more massive hit than it was.


At 2 Gabriel Powell and an absolute gem of a Gospel song.It is called Show me the way. This song has spoken to me since I first heard it and I did think it was going to be my number 1.


That was until I heard Shirley Jones, formerly of the Jones Girls, with what I consider to be the best Gospel track of 2014. This has got it all from the awesome lyrics to the Rising to the top like groove. On the Gospel scene there was nothing to touch it this year.


Soul Tracks of 2014


On the Soul front it was another bumper crop this year. Some great new artists and some legends as well delivered some great music and picking the Top 3 was as difficult a job as you can imagine.


At number 3 it is Goapele with My love. Goapele is a new name to me but it is a collaboration with Eric Benet. This really works from its stunning opening to its all round good groove.


Next up it is Robin McKelle and the Flytones with the Opolopo remix of Control yourself. Amazingly, Robin McKelle was in my Top 3 of last year with Love’s work, their collaboration with Gregory Porter. Well no Gregory Porter on this one but that dons not stop it from being one of the top tracks of the year.


And finally on to my TOP Soul track of 2014.


Making this decision was so easy it was ridiculous. From the moment I first heard this track I knew this was going to be number one. Awesome groove overlaid with the most gorgeous vocal performance by Eric Yamin of American Idol fame. This has it all.


« Week 12 – BBL Cup Finalists To Be Decided This Weekend



Source:


http://ift.tt/13mFNut






The Late News from http://ift.tt/1h4XLTY