Sunday, September 29, 2013

New Lawyer Lessons #NLL | Just Living


September 29, 2013 by williamsjustliving



It’s a been a while since I’ve posted to my legal blog. I took the Georgia bar exam, and went back to working up cases with supervising attorneys as I did during my 3L year.


I thought that I would feel the same about the work and work in the same way that I did during my 3L year. Nothing is further from the truth. I am learning things everyday now that I am untethered from law school. Recently, though, it occurred to me that ANYONE might be reading this blog. Former colleagues, current colleagues, current clients, potential clients, and so forth. But, I am also deeply committed to demystifying the legal profession for people of colors and backgrounds who, like me, did not grow up with a connection to the legal world.


I’m learning new lawyer lessons all the time, and I am sometimes a bit abashed at how ignorant I am at my chosen profession. Do I really want to expose the depths of my ignorance to cyberspace? Obviously, I do. I’m a blogger and a lawyer. There is not one thing better than the sound of my own voice (or typing).







Source:


http://williamsjustliving.wordpress.com/2013/09/29/new-lawyer-lessons-nll/






The News from http://throughmichelle.blogspot.com